U.S. Customer Responsiveness & Satisfaction
- The Hyundai brand tied for the No. 1 spot in the automotive category in the 2013 Customer Loyalty Engagement Index
- The 2013 Hyundai Sonata and 2013 Santa Fe were named “BEST BETS” in the 33rd edition of The Car Book, America’s first consumer car buying guide
- Delivering fresh appeal and dependability, the Hyundai Accent earned its second Driver’s Choice Award as MotorWeek’s “Best Subcompact Car”
- Three Hyundai models, the 2013 Veloster, 2013 Veloster Turbo, and 2013 Sonata, received Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com’s coveted “5-Year Cost to Own Award”
- Hyundais Sonata, Genesis Sedan and Genesis Coupe all earned spots in Consumers Digest’s 2013 Automotive Best Buys
- IntelliChoice and AutoPacific awarded the Hyundai Equus with the 2012 Motorist Choice Award in the Luxury Lifestyle and High Tech category
- Ranked No. 10 overall among all brands, according to J.D. Power 2013 U.S. Initial Quality Study (IQS); Hyundai Genesis Sedan ranked highest in midsize premium car category, beating Mercedes-Benz E-class Sedan/Wagon, Jaguar XF, and Lexus GS; Hyundai Accent, Sonata, and Azera placed 2nd in their respective segments; Hyundai Santa Fe ranked 3rd in its category
At the peak of the economic recession, we noticed growing fears among our U.S. customers about unemployment. To help allay concerns about purchasing a new Hyundai, we developed the Hyundai Assurance program, which allowed customers to return their new Hyundais risk-free if they lost their jobs or if their income dropped within 12 months of purchase. In response to rising gasoline prices the following summer, Hyundai extended the Assurance program with a Gas Lock promotion, which guaranteed cost-conscious customers $1.49 per-gallon gasoline for one year. And most recently, Hyundai introduced the Assurance Trade-in Value Guarantee, which eliminates concern about depreciation by giving Hyundai owners a guaranteed value for their vehicle in months 24 through 48 of ownership.
At Hyundai, we strive to ensure that our customers are satisfied with the Hyundai experience. We operate robust customer satisfaction programs, including a customer service center that handles all incoming concerns and inquiries. Hyundai regularly conducts customer satisfaction assessments by surveying customers on the quality of our new vehicles, the delivery of those new vehicles and customer services. We then use the assessment results to identify and address customer feedback.